Please download the full document in PDF above.
Below is the first two pages of the PAC Trainee Log Book.
Please refer to the registration page for more information and a list of Architects registered for more than 10 years.
- GENERAL NOTES
- PAC WORK STAGES AND DESCRIPTION OF KEY TASKS
- POST-QUALIFICATION EXPERIENCE RECORD
- PROJECT DESCRIPTION
- PAC WORK STAGES CHECKLIST
- APPRAISAL FORMS
- PERSONAL DETAILS
- The Trainee Architect (TA) shall undertake professional practice experience and development in preparation for Registration and obtain at least 2 years’ approved post-qualification experience in Mauritius as required by the Professional Architects’ Council (PAC). The status of a Trainee Architect (TA) is that of an employee first and foremost.
- The work placement shall be supervised by an Employment Mentor (EM). The Employment Mentor (EM) is the individual who directly supervises and has detailed professional knowledge of the work prepared by the Trainee Architect (TA) undertaking professional practice experience.
- The Employment Mentor (EM) should be a Professional Architect (PA) with atleast 10 years’ post-registration experience of the design of buildings and the administration of subsequent contracts.
- The Trainee Architect (TA) may also conduct a work placement under the direct supervision of an Employment Mentor (EM) who works as a Freelance Professional Architect (PA). Direct supervision does not mean the Employment Mentor (EM) has to necessarily employ the Trainee Architect (TA).
- The duration of the work placement shall be for a minimum of 2 years.
- The Trainee Architect (TA) may work for 2 consecutive years in the same firm under the supervision of the same Employment Mentor (EM). However, the TA is allowed to conduct his/her professional practice experience in different firms or under the direct supervision of different Employment Mentors. In such case, the minimum duration of the training period with a specific Employment Mentor shall be of 6 consecutive months which shall consist of a minimum of 120 working days or 900 working hours with at least 350 hours of active participatory work and the rest as observer.
- Prior to starting the work placement, the Employment Mentor (EM) must provide an indicative list of projects and tasks that shall be entrusted to the Trainee Architect (TA).
- The Employment Mentor (EM) must ensure that the Trainee Architect (TA) works on different types of projects with varying complexity and on all work stages of the PAC Outline Plan of Work in order to meet the Professional Criteria at Registration.
- The Trainee Architect (TA) shall be entitled to a remuneration during his/her work placement.